By Noa Glow
Image Source: [Bikram Yoga Ormond Beach]
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana) gets broken down nicely in the image above. Part of Bikram Yoga’s Spine-Strengthening Series, this posture provides the following benefits:
- Strengthens the lumbar spine, relieving pain and combating slipped or herniated discs, scoliosis and arthritis in that region.
- Improves digestion and appetite.
- Provides relief from menstrual disorders.
- Raises low blood pressure.
- Improves the functioning of the liver and spleen.
More info on Cobra Pose:
Come join us for Cobra Pose – and 25 other beneficial beginner’s postures – in the hot room!
Got questions about this posture? Leave your comment below this post!
Categorised in: Yoga Poses