Half Moon with Hands to Feet posture works into the whole skeletal and circulatory systems. It is a fantastic posture to create quick energy for the rest of your practice and to correct any issues with bad posture or pain in the lower back. This posture also works throughout the entire core of the body by strengthening the biceps of the thighs and calves.
Benefits of Half Moon Pose with Hands to Feet Pose:
- Reduces or eliminates pain in the lower back
- Gives quick energy and vitality
- Good for abdominal obesity
- Tones the spinal nerves and abdominal organs improving the working of the bowels
- Increases the flexibility of the spine
- Alleviates anxiety and reduces mental stress
- Improves and strengthen all the body’s central muscles
- Exercises colon, pancreas, kidneys, muscular, skeletal, respiratory and glandular systems
- Firms and trims waistline, hips, abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
Tips for Half Moon Pose with Hands to Feet Pose:
- Lock your arms and fully engage your arm muscles!
- Lift your entire body up to the ceiling
- While in the backbend, think about distributing the bend evenly over the entire spine
- During Hands to Feet pose make sure to glue your body to your legs and get your elbows as close as possible to each other behind the calf muscles
- Lift the hips up to the ceiling while moving your face further and further down the shins
More on Half Moon with Hands to Feet Pose
- How Do You Do That Posture? Half Moon with Hands to Feet Pose
- Bikram Yogis: Take Your Practice to the Next Level
Previous Yoga Pose: Pranayama Breathing
Next Yoga Pose: Awkward Pose