Half Tortoise Posture provides the maximum and ultimate relaxation. It’s amazing to just let the body sink into this pose and really feel all the bliss as your head goes below your heart.
Benefits of Half Tortoise Pose
- Rejuvenates and relaxes
- Assists in relieving digestion problems and constipation
- Stretches the lower part of the lungs and helps to increase lung capacity
- Excellent for respiratory conditions
- Helps with insomnica
- Increases flexibility in the hips
Tips for Half Tortoise Pose
- Half Tortoise is a great pose to do outside of the hot room for a little relaxation AND rejuvenation!
- Half the benefits of Half Tortoise posture comes from just keeping your arms locked and touching your ears, so make sure to keep them nice and tight!
More on Half Tortoise Pose
- What postures can I do outside the hot room?
- Bikram Yoga for Asthma & Allergies
- Bikram Yoga Glossary
Previous Yoga Pose: Fixed Firm Pose
Next Yoga Pose: Camel Pose