Rea’s Really Good for You (Really!) Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsJanuary 17, 2012 3:38 am
2 cups grated sweet potato
3 bananas (the icky, overripe ones work best)
1/3 cup honey, melted (or use agave instead)
1 capful real vanilla extract
1 generous tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup organic dark-chocolate chips (try dairy-free vegan chocolate chips; don’t go overboard on the chips or your muffins will be a chocolatey mess)
1. Heat oven to 365 F.
2. Blend sweet potato and bananas into a gloppy mush (make sure it’s good and gloppy!).
3. Add vanilla, mix. Add eggs, mix. Add honey, mix.
4. Add baking powder, baking soda, coconut flour, and mix.
5. Mix, mix, mix some more, until there are no floury, lumpy bits left.
6. Add oil, mix. Add chocolate chips, mix.
7. Lightly oil a muffin tin and spoon in the batter until each muffin cup is full but not overly so.
8. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let muffins sit in tin for a few minutes before gently tipping them onto a plate.
This recipe makes about a dozen muffins … depending on how much batter you eat. Give it a try and let us know how your muffins turned out (don’t forget to bring some to the studio to share)!
Categorised in: Healthy Living