Core Workshop with Laura Werner – October 22October 13, 2011 3:38 am
Join Laura Werner, registered physiotherapist and Bikram Yoga Teacher, in this workshop to learn how to use your body more effectively to prevent back, abdominal, and pelvic floor dysfunction while improving your yoga practice. Read more for details!
Using your transversus abdominus and pelvic floor (your core) is integral in preventing low back and pelvic pain, maintaining bowel and bladder control, and in organ support. In this workshop you will find out how to:
- Effectively contract your pelvic floor and transversus abdominus (your “core”), and how to instruct others to do so.
- See if you have effective technique of your pelvic floor and transversus abdominus using a Real Time Ultrasound!
- Identify if you or your student is using a proper (or poor) technique to recruit their pelvic floor or transversus abdominus.
- Know when to refer your student (or yourself) for an internal examination to assess pelvic floor skill or RTUS imaging for transversus abdominus skill.
- Integrate your knowledge of your PF and TrA into your yoga and your life!
Workshop will take place Saturday, October 22th, 2011 from 12pm-3:50pm at our Westend Studio. The cost will be $100 / person (plus tax!) – a receipt will be provided which may allow you to claim the workshop fee under your extended medical/health plan. Only 12 people may attend so for reservation of your space please sign up at our Kitsilano studio or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Categorised in: Bikram Teachers, Bikram Yoga in Vancouver