- Breathe fully in every pose … and only through my nose!
- Keep my sense of humour in class; practise the postures with a smiling, happy face.
- Move my mat over for someone who comes in late, as a good deed.
- Stay at peace within myself, no matter what is going on around me in the hot room.
- Lock my knee and kick out every time in Standing Head to Knee Pose.
- Only drink water when the teacher gives the go-ahead. Eventually, I’d like to try a “water-less” class.
- Practice the postures I want to improve at home or after class.
- Stop checking the schedule and basing my practice times on who is teaching. Also, put my mat down in a different place each class – I’m too “married” to my favourite spot!
- Stop coming out of postures early, especially Triangle Pose!
- Enter myself in the next yoga competition that comes to Vancouver.
- Do at least one 30- or 60-day challenge in the next year.
- Stop wiping the sweat (it will only come back!).
- Develop the self-discipline to practice yoga alone.
- Save up enough money to go to Teacher Training!
- Try the postures the right way, give 100% and receive all of the benefits.
What are your New Year’s Yoga Resolutions? Leave your comment below!
Categorised in: Benefits of Hot Yoga