You know you’re addicted to Bikram Yoga when …
- Facebook starts suggesting that you become friends with Bikram Choudhury and Emmy Cleaves.
- An entire drawer in your dresser is dedicated to side-string shorts and bandeau tops.
- You’re asked on a daily basis whether you’ve just finished doing laps at the pool.
- You feel chilly in any temperature lower than 40 C.
- You consider getting through class without taking a sip of water a point of pride.
- When it comes to reciting the dialogue, you give the teachers a run for their money.
- When anyone complains about a sore back/hip/shoulder/knee/brain/heart your prescription consists of 26 postures and two breathing exercises.
- You breathe in and out using your nose – all the time.
- If your vacation destination doesn’t include a Bikram Yoga studio, you make new plans.
- You can’t think of a better way to celebrate your birthday than doing a double.
- When someone asks you what time it is, you automatically respond, “Camel time.”
- Your fridge is always fully stocked with coconut water.
- Your life consists of a continuous series of 90-minute segments in which you are or are not practising Bikram Yoga.
- You miss a class and the front desk staff calls to make sure you haven’t been kidnapped.
- While all your friends are saving for a down payment on a condo, you’re putting money away for Teacher Training.
- You have pictures of the gurus hanging in your living room.
- You cringe when people call it “hot yoga.”
Are you a Bikram Yoga Addict? Tell us how you know you have a Bikram Yoga Addiction by leaving a comment below (the funnier the better!). We’ll pick the best one to win a five-class gift card good at any BYV studio! Good luck!
Categorised in: Bikram Yoga in Vancouver